The Moonkin Repository

Discussions, information and links to all things Moonkin
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 am

Post subject: Eclipse Bar Addon: Balance Power Tracker
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm  
Pewpewpoultry

Recently it was posted on mmo-champion that 4.0.1 will hit live servers soon(tm) so I wanted to ask your thoughts, what would you add, or what would you remove from this addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=18000#info
It creates a bar which tracks energy like the default bar (without the awesome blizzard's art) and can be modified (size, position, alpha, texture...)
Also, it has a function to display the energy of the spells that have been cast and are yet to land, and the energy of the spell you are casting, in the bar, so you can see clearly when you are going to proc Eclipse.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Eclipse Bar Addon: Balance Power Tracker
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm  
Doomkin

I'm not currently subscribed, but just some random general ideas (in case you don't have them):

-Ability to lock in place
-Hide option when not in combat (I think I heard we don't lose energy anymore, but still I don't want to look at the bar when walking around town)
-Maybe IS and MF timers? (ok, that turns it into more of a SAA thing, but it's still useful)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 pm  
Doomkin
pbguild: Nonpareils
pblevel: 85
pbrace: Night Elf
pbclass: Druid
pbarmoryguildlink: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/senjin/nonpareils/
pbarmorycharlink: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/relevart/simple

When you say it can display the energy of the spells that have yet to land, I imagine something "quartz-ish in terms of latency" so that I can see both the actual value and the "soon to be" value at the same time? My suggestion would be to use a slight transparency to show the energy value of the current cast and a more opaque fill for the current energy.

If you really want it to take off, build in an alert that tells when both DoTs are one tick from expiring and another that tells whenever SS is off cooldown. Then you'll pretty much have your all in one addon.

Some nice touches would be screen flashes for Solar/Lunar Eclipses (for the less visually aware =] ) and maybe a 1- cast from 0 warning too (if DoTs don't update dynamically for damage).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 am  
Pewpewpoultry

For the moment, I'd like to stick to Eclipse Bar because I'm a very satisfied SAA user, so the DoT and CD will have to wait, but both alpha out of combat and full screen flash are very good ideas I will add (lock function is already implemented).

I attach an screen of the addon working (showing the default Eclipse Bar, the +13 Energía Lunar is from Blizz's floating text):
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4469/balancepowertrackerexam.jpg

@Relevart: Actually, it displays the energy as energy you already have. I'm trying to figure how to display both energy values and both (or, at least, one) arrows without information overload (I tried to do this with a Bar that fills with energy, displaying the soon-to-have energy in a different color, but I'm not entirely satisfied)

Img with bars growing:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4469/balancepowertrackerexam.jpg
e: Trouble with Img and Thumbnails, so I put the link of the images only (Too big images for post them without thumbnails)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am  

Badgekin

I found this addon yesterday, and tried it out a little before raid. I think it is a good start and fixes the main issues I have with the Blizzard UI. I only played with it for about 5-10 minutes so please excuse me if I'm requesting a feature that is already in it.

What I like:
1. I can move it and Size it.
2. Numerical Power amount is displayed permanently, not just on mouse over.
3. It tells me when my current cast is going to proc eclipse so I know I need to switch.

Needed Improvements:
You're probably already working on some of these but I will list them any way.

1. Power predictor needs to be updated for current design. For example Wrath can no longer generate Lunar power ofter Lunar Eclipse is procced, but the Power predictor still moves the bar as if it does. I would also take out "Smart" Eclipse, as I have reason to beleive it was not an intended mechanic.

2. Eclipse bar needs a direction arrow.

Additional Suggestions:
Not really needed but I think it would help.

1. Have the Icons on the end of the bar increase in size when they are the spell that should be cast. For example, once you proc Solar Eclipse the Wrath icon could triple in size while the Starfire icon goes back to normal size.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 am  

Badgekin
pbguild: The Demonic Reich
pblevel: 80
pbgender: Female

I would love to have the dot tracker added on this, anything to reduce the number of addons I have to keep updated. I love the look of this addon even if I haven't been able to play with it yet, it look much more convienent than the default UI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:50 pm  
Pewpewpoultry

I've updated with most of the changes you suggested, and, as always, any additional suggestions are appreciated.

I think I'll end adding a DoT and a CD tracker module, but I've recently begun college, so it'll have to wait.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:23 am  

KFC
pbguild: Fear and Loathing
pbrace: Tauren
pbarmoryguildlink: http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Narashima&gn=Fear+and+Loathing
pbarmorycharlink: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Narashima&gn=Fear+and+Loathing

One thing I'd ask for is the option to hide the default Blizzard Eclipse bar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:38 am  

KFC

Nara wrote:

:DDD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:09 am  

Badgekin
pbguild: The Demonic Reich

Nara wrote:

Does it not already do that? It looked like it was missing in one of the screen shots

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:47 pm  

Boomkin
pblevel: 85

it's very good stuff imo.

good job keep it up

I wonder if there is a way to atually have the blizzard eclipse bar sicon for moon and sun on yours i.e. the crescent moon and the bright yellow sun instead of the old eclpse icons at each end, it's a nit pick ofc, maybe it is something i can edit in myself, i shall have a look.. and possibly add a customisation to alter the lunar and solar elcipse icons

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:55 pm  
Pewpewpoultry

Skarlet wrote:
Nara wrote:

Does it not already do that? It looked like it was missing in one of the screen shots

You're right, the option is there already, has anybody found it not working?

Starfury wrote:
it's very good stuff imo.

good job keep it up

I wonder if there is a way to atually have the blizzard eclipse bar sicon for moon and sun on yours i.e. the crescent moon and the bright yellow sun instead of the old eclpse icons at each end, it's a nit pick ofc, maybe it is something i can edit in myself, i shall have a look.. and possibly add a customisation to alter the lunar and solar elcipse icons

Thank you!

It's something feasible, but I'm focusing in improving perfomance, so the CPU load is minimal and you can use lots of addons (It was redrawing the frames continuously before v1.0.4).
So, as always, some things have to wait.
If you wanna change them badly, it's not very difficult, but it needs some tweaks to end pretty, the blizzard eclipse bar uses only one texture, just different regions for each component, so you need to use Icon:SetTextCoord(...) whenever you gain an Eclipse, instead of IconGlow:Show(), ... being the coordinates of the region (I'll edit this post with the coords tomorrow)

e:
texture: "Interface\\PlayerFrame\\UI-DruidEclipse"
moon = { left=0.55859375, right=0.64843750, top=0.57031250, bottom=0.75000000 }
darkmoon = { left=0.55859375, right=0.64843750, top=0.37500000, bottom=0.55468750 }
bigmoon = { left=0.73437500, right=0.90234375, top=0.00781250, bottom=0.35937500 }
sun = { left=0.65625000, right=0.74609375, top=0.37500000, bottom=0.55468750 }
darksun = { left=0.55859375, right=0.64843750, top=0.76562500, bottom=0.94531250 }
bigsun = { left=0.55859375, right=0.72656250, top=0.00781250, bottom=0.35937500 }

Last edited by Kuro on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 pm  

Pewpewpoultry
pbguild: Ruin

Nara wrote:

I wouldn't hide the blizzard one just yet....I've been using this addon in the beta, I really like it, but I have seen it get out of sync with the blizzard one, not sure if it has something to do with euphoria or what....It is a very nice addon, hopefully the bug gets worked out.....and with that, i've been using Druid Timer Bars for now while waiting for a Squawk and Awe update, its pretty good for dots, cooldowns and eclipse energy management....just wish there was a way to organize the bars so they are always in the same place, so i don't have to search through them for the timer bar that i'm looking for, as they show up in the order you cast them, and that can change over the course of a fight, where squawk and awe always has the bars in the same exact spot, if i'm looking for my insect swarm timer I know exactly where to look all the time...

edit: another thing i like about druid timer bars is the starfall range checker thing, very nice :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 am  

Pewpewpoultry
pbguild: Anarchie
pbarmorycharlink: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Der+Rat+von+Dalaran&cn=Isen

Quote:
-Hide option when not in combat (I think I heard we don't lose energy anymore, but still I don't want to look at the bar when walking around town)

Is this already in there? It doesn't work on default and I can't find the option for this... visibility just turns it on/off, in disregard of being infight or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 pm  
Pewpewpoultry

Isen wrote:
Quote:

Is this already in there? It doesn't work on default and I can't find the option for this... visibility just turns it on/off, in disregard of being infight or not.

Just set Alpha OOC to 0

Profile E-mail