The Moonkin Repository

Discussions, information and links to all things Moonkin
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:47 am

Post subject: Problems With Wrath Calcs and RAWR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm  
KFC

I'd like to preface this post by saying I am NOT computer savvy so please be gentle if you find a glaring mistake or obvious fix to my problem. Also, if this isn't the appropriate thread to post this quandry please advise me where it would be better addressed.
That being said, here goes.

I have attempted to use wrath calcs with the goal being tweaking my toon and helping me make adequate gear selections as well as compiling a wishlist of gear upgrades with a ranking system for priority I use to gauge when to spend epgp. It has worked well for me in the past. However, I'm struggling with both wrath calcs and RAWR as they both show me as under the hit cap and I cannot for the life of me understand why. My character screen shows me with 5,102 hit equating to 15.01% hit. I'm under the impression 15% is the hit cap. So I have a few very specific questions to try to solve what's going on that I would very much appreciate being answered. However, if I'm totally on the wrong track and someone is versed in whatever it is I need to correct, please feel free.

1-Are the wrath calcs located in the EJ thread not accurate or current? I'm under the impression they are, but not smart enough about these type of things to be certain.
2-If those wrath calcs aren't current, can you please point me in the right direction of the correct and current version?
3-A ring I wear from Feng doesn't appear on the gear list for WC. Am I supposed to add it or tell someone? I have no clue how to do either.
4-If both RAWR and WC are incorrectly representing my hit level, is there a third option I'm unaware of for a spreadsheet?

I have more questions but I feel like these are more than an adequate start. I'll continue to investigate this on my own but I can assure you because of my computer illiteracy I'm probably end up missing the answer right in front of me and would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Problems With Wrath Calcs and RAWR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm  

Badgekin
pbguild: Pathfinders
pblevel: 85
pbgender: Female
pbclass: Druid

From my experience WrathCalcs is the most accurate, however, it is not perfect atm since some things are still not perfectly clear even for the theorycrafters. But it's the closest to reality imo.

If something is missing in WC and you don't feel like playing around with "the insides" you can point that out in WrathCalcs thread on EJ. Btw, I think someone has mentioned that ring missing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 am  
Badgekin

1) If you are talking about the OP of the Wrathcalcs thread then the answer would be no, not always. Hamlet and Tecton will often update the spreadsheet and post a new version in a reply to that thread, so your best bet to find the most current version of the spread is go to the most recent post, and continue backwards until you see one attached to a post. (I would link the most current version for you, but I'm at work and EJ is blocked here)

2) Answered in one.

3) Feng's ring of dreams is missing the normal and heroic versions; I have already reported this issue and it should get fixed in the next version. For now you can leave that ring blank (which it should do automatically when you import your character) and manually add the stats you get from the ring after reforging. To add stats you simply type in the number you want to add in the middle row at the top of the sheet, under your default stat numbers.

4) You did not indicate how much hit under the cap WC is showing you are, but this could be a result of several issues. The version of WC you are using is EXTREMELY old and outdated, this might be the case if you followed the link from the theorycrafting thread on EJ. I think Hamlet wrote "The most current version of the spreadsheet always lives here" but unless it changed recently, I believe that link takes you a very old version. Even if you have a MoP version of the spreadsheet, the earlier ones had incorrect stat values for several items which was fixed in later versions. Make sure all the items have the correct stat values.

If you are using a newer (or newest) version and you imported your character, there are still some glitches that can occur. I'm not sure what causes this but I have had times where it will seemingly import my character fine with all the correct gear/reforges, but upon closer examination it will have imported green/orange gems that do match what I actually used. So I would go through every single piece of gear, and make absolutely certain the gems/enchants/reforge match what is accurate.

Finally if you manually updated your character, there is still the chance of human error. So it's best to just double check that you didn't make any mistakes.

Remember manually adding stats is good way to compare gear/gem/reforge options if you are struggling to import your correct gear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am  
KFC

The information you both provided has been very helpful and I will pursue this according to the advice given. Thank you.

Profile E-mail