This isn't really a guide, however, since various information about moonkins at 85 are kinda spread I thought it might be a good idea to gather them. Those will be things I have read both here and other moonkin sources, 1 or 2 of my own observations - no real math tho so if I'm wrong about something feel free to correct me
INT > Hit (to 15% = 1537) > Haste (to 1589) > crit > mastery > haste above breakpoint
The only available dps booster we have now is Incarnation. Due to high haste % at 85 in BiS gear, Soul of the Forest won't boost us that much.
- Start at 75 Lunar energy (use Astral Communion to get there - it ticks 4 times and gives 25 energy into your current dirrection; stops by itself while reaching Eclipse state)
- Plant shrooms
- Starfall+prepot (3sec before the pull)
- Precast Wrath reach Lunar Eclipse
- Use Incarnation (note: it triggers GCD)
- Both DoTs >> Starfire/Starsurge (both generate 20 Energy) till 0 Energy >> Starfall (when previous ends)
- When you reach 0 Energy use Celestial Alignment (no GCD) + shroom detonation
- Refresh DoTs when previous ones drop (both MF/SnF apply both DoTs at once) >> Starfall (when previous ends)
- After both CDs end (they will more less at the same time) reach Solar Eclipse
- Refresh DoTs when they drop >> Wrath/Starsurge (Wrath generates 15 Energy) till Lunar
As I have noticed, in DS gear it should be possible to always reach Eclipses with only 1 DoT refresh (due to high haste % and SS proccing quite often). If something disturbs the cycle remember to try to refresh eclipsed DoT only within their eclipse and the other DoT while under Nature's Grace buff. Usually you will end up refreshing both DoTs at aproximatly the same time, however, due to the refresh mechanics, occassionally you might be able to put 1-2 casts between them.
Incarnation is best to use in Lunar Eclipse. CA is best to use while Incarnation is up but you have left the Eclipse state.
Shrooms each CD > Hurricane as a filler
If mobs live long enough, DoT them up with eclipsed DoT and if you have time between the Shrooms use uneclipsed DoT. Use Hurricane if you have nothing more to cast in between putting shrooms/dotting/detonating shrooms.
EDIT: Forgot about Starfall but I think it's kinda obvious
Note: If NG (or any other temporary buff) is up, Hurricane probably has higher DPET
This is what I have managed to gather till now and write down of the top of my head. Once again, if something here is wrong or incomplete, feel free to correct it since those are mostly my personal observartions during 2 raids and a bit of dummy smashing but I wouldn't call it perfect testing ^^