It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Post subject: 5.0.4 Know how
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:29 am  

Badgekin
pbguild: Pathfinders
pblevel: 85
pbgender: Female
pbclass: Druid

This isn't really a guide, however, since various information about moonkins at 85 are kinda spread I thought it might be a good idea to gather them. Those will be things I have read both here and other moonkin sources, 1 or 2 of my own observations - no real math tho so if I'm wrong about something feel free to correct me :)

Stats prio:
INT > Hit (to 15% = 1537) > Haste (to 1589) > crit > mastery > haste above breakpoint

DPS talents:
The only available dps booster we have now is Incarnation. Due to high haste % at 85 in BiS gear, Soul of the Forest won't boost us that much.

Rotation:
  • Start at 75 Lunar energy (use Astral Communion to get there - it ticks 4 times and gives 25 energy into your current dirrection; stops by itself while reaching Eclipse state)
  • Plant shrooms
  • Starfall+prepot (3sec before the pull)
  • Precast Wrath reach Lunar Eclipse
  • Use Incarnation (note: it triggers GCD)
  • Both DoTs >> Starfire/Starsurge (both generate 20 Energy) till 0 Energy >> Starfall (when previous ends)
  • When you reach 0 Energy use Celestial Alignment (no GCD) + shroom detonation
  • Refresh DoTs when previous ones drop (both MF/SnF apply both DoTs at once) >> Starfall (when previous ends)
  • After both CDs end (they will more less at the same time) reach Solar Eclipse
  • Refresh DoTs when they drop >> Wrath/Starsurge (Wrath generates 15 Energy) till Lunar

DoT refreshing:
As I have noticed, in DS gear it should be possible to always reach Eclipses with only 1 DoT refresh (due to high haste % and SS proccing quite often). If something disturbs the cycle remember to try to refresh eclipsed DoT only within their eclipse and the other DoT while under Nature's Grace buff. Usually you will end up refreshing both DoTs at aproximatly the same time, however, due to the refresh mechanics, occassionally you might be able to put 1-2 casts between them.

CD usage:
Incarnation is best to use in Lunar Eclipse. CA is best to use while Incarnation is up but you have left the Eclipse state.

AoE:
Shrooms each CD > Hurricane as a filler
If mobs live long enough, DoT them up with eclipsed DoT and if you have time between the Shrooms use uneclipsed DoT. Use Hurricane if you have nothing more to cast in between putting shrooms/dotting/detonating shrooms.
EDIT: Forgot about Starfall but I think it's kinda obvious :)
Note: If NG (or any other temporary buff) is up, Hurricane probably has higher DPET

This is what I have managed to gather till now and write down of the top of my head. Once again, if something here is wrong or incomplete, feel free to correct it since those are mostly my personal observartions during 2 raids and a bit of dummy smashing but I wouldn't call it perfect testing ^^

Last edited by Lilija on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 5.0.4 Know how
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:51 am  
Boomkin
pbguild: Echo Isles
pbrace: Night Elf
pbarmoryguildlink: http://www.savvyguild.com
pbarmorycharlink: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Erdluf&r=Echo+Isles

WowHead says Hurricane scaling is 28.8% per tick. WM is 34.9% per mushroom. At zero haste they are both 1s casts, but I believe shrooms gain no haste benefit.

DPET (scaling only) would be the same 21.2% haste. Moonkin+1589 haste (no NG)=18.4%% haste (no other buffs or gear). Base Hurricane damage is slightly larger than base shroom damage.

Bottom line: Shrooms may be a slightly better AoE filler when NG is down. If NG (or any other temporary buff) is up, Hurricane probably has higher DPET.

Of course you may have other reasons to use mushrooms (pre-placement, mana, snare, movement, ...).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:03 am  

Crit-chicken
pbguild: Standard Deviation
pbrace: Troll

[quote="lilja"Precast Starsurge (with pre pot) to reach Lunar Eclipse[/quote]You do not want to do this. When they re-fix our starfall so it doesn't hit OOC mobs again you want the countdown to go like this. 3...prepot+starfall...2...start casting wrath...1...wrath hits at the same time the tank pulls, you throw up DoTs, SS, then starfire until starfall falls off. Then you recast starfall.

Chart for determining your haste breakpoints in 5.0 and beyond

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 am  

Badgekin

Tagartou wrote:
lilija wrote:
Precast Starsurge (with pre pot) to reach Lunar Eclipse
You do not want to do this. When they re-fix our starfall so it doesn't hit OOC mobs again you want the countdown to go like this. 3...prepot+starfall...2...start casting wrath...1...wrath hits at the same time the tank pulls, you throw up DoTs, SS, then starfire until starfall falls off. Then you recast starfall.

Good point - thx :) Seems I need to do few more tweaks to mu UI then ^^ Going back to the dummy.

P.S. Is there any significant difference if you precast Wrath instead of Starsurge?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:36 am  

Badgekin

Erdluf wrote:
WowHead says Hurricane scaling is 28.8% per tick. WM is 34.9% per mushroom. At zero haste they are both 1s casts, but I believe shrooms gain no haste benefit.

DPET (scaling only) would be the same 21.2% haste. Moonkin+1589 haste (no NG)=18.4%% haste (no other buffs or gear). Base Hurricane damage is slightly larger than base shroom damage.

Bottom line: Shrooms may be a slightly better AoE filler when NG is down. If NG (or any other temporary buff) is up, Hurricane probably has higher DPET.

Of course you may have other reasons to use mushrooms (pre-placement, mana, snare, movement, ...).

Tbh I haven't given AoE much of a thought. Thx for input :)

P.S. I'll be correcting first post after I finish playing on the dummy ^^

EDIT: Just to make sure: does MF under CA apply both DoTs?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:44 am  

Crit-chicken

Its signifigant enough. You want to not cast SS first so that you can cast it first during eclipse. It just hits so hard that you don't really want to proc eclipse with it because you can save it a second or so and have it hit much harder.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 am  

Badgekin

Corrected first post (hope with no mistakes - bad weather made me very sleepy :P ). Any additional comments are very welcomed :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm  

Spamkin

I'm not sure if it is just me or if anyone else is noticing it, but the GCD of Incarnation seems to be significantly slower than our other spells/cooldowns. Any thoughts, or is there current info on this that I haven't found?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm  
Badgekin
pbguild: Dark Origin
pbrace: Night Elf
pbarmoryguildlink: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/korgath/dark%20origin/
pbarmorycharlink: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/eluial/advanced

Ordan wrote:
I'm not sure if it is just me or if anyone else is noticing it, but the GCD of Incarnation seems to be significantly slower than our other spells/cooldowns. Any thoughts, or is there current info on this that I haven't found?

I saw someone else mention it, too, and while I didn't pay super close attention to it, I did have some problems where I thought one of my dots should have gone off and it didn't (when cast on the tail end of Incarnation). Not sure what the deal is...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:37 pm  

Badgekin

Ordan wrote:

I agree it seems slow, however, atm all GCDs seem slow after I have lowered my haste - so maybe it's that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 pm  

KFC

ok guys quick question.. since power auras classsic wont be updated since at least one week before MoP. How do you track dots and CD`s?? well imo power auras is the best addon ever :) and i feel like somone rip my hand when its gone now... tidy plates ofc show dots and timers... but i need timers for NG, CA, Incarnation, starsurge procs, potions, enchants...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 am  

Spamkin

Lilija wrote:
Ordan wrote:

I agree it seems slow, however, atm all GCDs seem slow after I have lowered my haste - so maybe it's that.

I haven't done any reforging yet (scrubbish, perhaps lol) and it has caused me delays in my rotation from the slower GCD vs our other spells.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:59 am  

Badgekin

lordsiner wrote:
ok guys quick question.. since power auras classsic wont be updated since at least one week before MoP. How do you track dots and CD`s?? well imo power auras is the best addon ever :) and i feel like somone rip my hand when its gone now... tidy plates ofc show dots and timers... but i need timers for NG, CA, Incarnation, starsurge procs, potions, enchants...

Power Auras is updated but it's new Power Auras with no import (and atm it's not compatibile with the old one). I've spent several hours on the patch day but I managed to set new PA from scratch - at the least for the most important stuff like DoTs and CDs. I've tried to set different addons at first but none met my expectations.

P.S. The new PA is beta so if you are using curse client you'll need to set release preferences to beta in order to see the updates.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:05 am  

KFC

im sorry but i cant find... this PA beta... i set preferences to beta, also looked at curse site, and a project site... and the only relse is 4.3 in both of them.... maybe you could paste link for this beta release?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 am  

Crit-chicken

lordsiner wrote:

I have most of my stuff set up around quartz cast bar now. It tracks my DoTs, buff durations, and my cooldowns on starsurge and Incarnation. You might have yo do a little digging, but all the tools are right there.

Last edited by Tagartou on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail